Please note that verification documents vary depending on the type of verification required. You will not always have to upload your state ID, passport or your SSN card.

Please see below the different documents required for different checks;

General identity verification:

This process requires you to upload 2 documents. You must send in a photo selfie of yourself holding your ID document, as well as a clear and readable photo of just the ID document.

In the first step;

Upload one of the documents listed below;

The front and back of a current photo ID**, such as a:

  1. State ID card

  2. Military ID

  3. Passport (both pages)

In the second step;

Take a selfie while holding your identification document*. The Selfie should include a clear photo of their face and the document of your choice. You should hold up the document near your face such that the selfie clearly captures both the face and the document.

Address verification:

For this type of verification, you will need to upload the front and back of a current photo ID, such as a:

  • State ID card

  • Military ID

Or any of the following documents, as long as they're current:

  • Utility bill dated within the past 60 days (please note: we cannot accept mobile phone bills, but we can accept internet or landline bills)

  • Lease agreement (Negotiated within the past year; month-to-month leases must be negotiated within the past 6 months. Leases must include the terms and be signed by both the lessor and lessee.)

  • Signed mortgage agreement (signed, and dated within the last 60 days)

  • NYC ID card

  • Tuition statement (for college or university students only; must include your dorm address, the date, and the school contact information)

Name verification:

For name verification, you will need to upload a clear photo of one of the following documents:

  • A current state photo ID card (front and back)*

  • A current signed U.S. passport or a U.S. passport card (first and the second page of the passport, or front and back of card)

  • A marriage license or divorce decree (this must have your new legal name printed by the state, and it must show that a name change occurred)

  • A court order for the name change

  • A Social Security card (front and back)

  • An IRS form W-2

*Please note: we're not able to accept temporary IDs

**Front and Back images of ID documents can be uploaded together in one document or separately.

Did this answer your question?